From a non-wearable object to a finished object in just a few days! Actually it took longer, because according to my notes, I finished this sweater last August. It wasn't until this week that I tinked back the sleeves and made a decision.
It turned out that ripping back and moving the colourwork band at the wrists higher up (toward the shoulders) would leave like two inches between the colourwork bands on the sleeves; in short, they would look strangely close together, and the spacing wouldn't even come close to mimicking the spacing of the bands on the body. So my reknitting job became even faster: all I had to do was rip back and finish the sleeves with a ribbing band. It actually took longer to rip out than it did to finish the knitting, as I had already woven in (but not cut, crucially!) all the ends, but in the end I finished it in a few evenings. And....voila: my finished, wearable, perfect-sleeve-length Hawkherst!
Year of Sweaters Tally: 5 (a little behind schedule, but I'm not worried)