I had actually never seamed reverse stockinette stitch before this sweater. I was reading a book of Deborah Newton's and she said that as seaming reverse stockinette often produces an unattractive "gutter" at the seam, she will do a stitch or two in stockinette at the edge, in order to have neater seams. I did only read this after I'd finished all the knitting for Montview, but am keeping it in mind for my next non-stockinette sweater.
Since I didn't do any stockinette edge stitches, I had to seam reverse stockinette. I found some excellent tips from Twist Collective (article in PDF format here) and in Arenda Holladay's article here. The latter article instructs you to seam every row (unlike when you're mattress-stitching stockinette stitch and can seam two rows at a time), so that all the rows align correctly, while the Twist Collective article says to seam two rows at a time. I ended up cheating a little bit, especially when easing the sleeves into the armholes (where the rows don't line up exactly because of the curves), but it looks good, overall. Nothing anyone would notice anyway, wink wink.
Weaving in the ends was pretty straightforward but it was strange sensation to be weaving ends into stockinette (as reverse stockinette is the public side of this sweater's fabric). I always felt like I was wrongly weaving ends into the "right" side of the sweater, funnily enough.
I then wet-blocked. The yarn I used on the collar was unwound from another sweater, and as I failed to wash it before knitting, it was pretty kinky and the knit fabric rumply. So I wet-blocked by soaking (in warm water and wool wash), rolling between two towels to press out all the water, and then drying it on foam mats for, like, a week. I'm not even joking; it took that many days to dry completely and my craft room smelled like a wet sheep for that long. I think I have to change up my blocking method a bit, maybe press out a water a second time, with a dry towel, or maybe try steam-blocking. I do like how crisply it dries with wet-blocking, though, and it's so easy to reshape when it's wet.
I do have to put in a set of snaps, and then a set of non-functional. I think I'll do the snaps first, then the buttons over the snaps. If you can believe it, I put buttons on my first couple of finished baby sweaters (lo these many years ago) with the yarn I knitted with. I laugh now at how naive I was, struggling to pull thick yarn through the tiny holes of buttons! I use sewing thread now, tying off with as many knots as I can manage, and the sewing goes much more smoothly. I can't say I always do the neatest job, but the sewing is usually concealed under the button anyway.